Bridging Work, Family and Faith
Are you a Job Seeker? Do you possess skills in Recruiting, Job Coaching or Training? Would you like to make a donation? Download ministry file
This Ministry brings a visible, tangible, yet sensitive approach, by providing confidential coaching, pastoral counseling, skills assessment, resume critique, peer networking sessions, speaker forums, networking recommendations, and confidence building, as well as practical materials and tools to help your search.
Sympathy is inadequate! We seek compassion . . .
empathy moved to action.
Let go, let God, . . . and let us . . . help you!
- We offer a variety of services through our Core Team and your peers who may have also experienced layoffs. We seek outcomes to restore your confidence, dignity, and hope during the search process, and to provide you with tools and insights to cope with change.
- Collaborate closely to provide a safety net in the aftermath of a layoff to manage emotional and spiritual issues using a Christ-centered approach. Along with our Priest, and Deacons, we offer reinforcement through pastoral coaching and dialogue to manage ill feelings, guilt, anger, and hurt in an effort to maintain your faith foundations and commitment to family.
- Locate new jobs through networking and by personally evaluating your career search methods and tools.
- Counsel you if you anticipate a change at a critical or difficult point in your career.
- Offer ongoing, confidential one-on-one coaching sessions for the job search as well as monthly networking meetings and job seeker forums.
- Supplement coaching with skill assessments and other tools, tips, and tricks.
- Harness the networking power and goodwill of this Parish in support of job seekers by drawing on their business connections by function, industry, and skill set.
TO JOB SEEKERS!
If you are in a career transition looking for another avenue in your search, especially if you are feeling anguished over your progress or its impact on the family, please contact us for a confidential chat: Bob Dunne: 908-234-2793, or at email@example.com. For pastoral counseling in the context of the job search, begin by contacting Fr. Mike Drury, 908-876-3515, x4
How Can You Help?
1.Serve in our core group of partners to help us in active and frequent coaching activities. We will draw on those volunteers with skills in job counseling, outplacement, human resource training, organizational development, psychology, financial planning, social counseling, and related fields.
2. Join our extended team, a network of people based on functional expertise, industry, or company affiliation. These people will collaborate with our job seekers on an occasional basis to expand their network of connections, provide information sessions, hopefully leading to interviews for our “clients” in the Parish.
3. Provide donations which we use to offset expenses for printing services, job search books, skills assessment software, database access, and other small resources.
Yes! I am interested in participating in the ongoing work of this Ministry in the following ways . . . Please click on Download Ministry File at the top of the page ~ Print out ~ complete ~ and drop it into the collection basket any Sunday or at the Parish Office.